A Unified Namespace (UNS) is an architecture that establishes a single point of truth for your organisation. It replaces the traditional one-to-one connections between systems with one central hub through which all smart devices communicate using the same language and naming conventions.
Using a Unified Namespace will result in:
- Simplified integrations with reduced complexity and facilitated communication.
- Reduced cost, both in upfront development and ongoing maintenance.
- Flexibility with a platform that quickly responds to changes in demands.
- Scalability thanks to seamless onboarding of new devices and systems.
- Transparency: naming conventions ensure that sensors are easy to identify.